Wednesday, December 9, 2009

WORST. DAY. EVER.

Ok so I have to vent about literally the worst day I've had in a while. This past Monday I had an interview for an internship with Universal Music Group. I was so excited, because one, I really need an internship for school credit, and two, because Universal Music is the largest music publishing group around. The only drawback would be the drive to LA, but I was willing to make the sacrifice for an opportunity like this. But then the day turned bad. I left my house in plenty of time, but the rain did not seem in my favor. When I was halfway to LA, it was pouring so bad that I could barely see. I considered pulling off the freeway for my own safety, but decided to continue, for time's sake. I drove a little further and the worst happened, I was rear ended. To make matters worse, the jerk who hit me (and literally looked like he just got his license) kept on going even though I signaled at him to pull over. I prayed that there was little damage and ignored the instant back pain I felt and kept driving, not knowing what to do. Next thing I know traffic is literally stopped due to accidents from the rain. It was not 1 PM, the time of my interview and I was about 20 minutes from my destination. I called the contact from Universal Music who I had and explained my situation. She said she totally understood and to take my time. Finally I reached the street the buliding was SUPPOSED to be on, but could not find it anywhere. I parked on the street and went to ask a local business if they knew where I could find it, but no one knew what I was talking about. I went to reach for my phone to call the contact back, but it was nowhere to be found. I drove away desperate in search of the building. I drove back to where I had been earlier only to see my phone laying in the busy LA street, drenched from the rain. Of course, it would not turn on, meaning that I could not call Universal Music to explain my situation. By this time, it is an hour after my appointment and I am lost in LA, without a phone, looking at my damaged car, feeling serious dizziness and backpain, and on the edge of tears. At this point I did not know what to do so I turned home. I apologized to the contact from Universal Music, and even though she says she is willing to reschedule, I feel that I have lost my chance. :(

No comments:

Post a Comment